MRS. WIXOM’S FRONTIER LADY CHOCOLATES
Olive Nunn Wixom (1903-2003) owned a local hand dipped chocolate business for many years. The cover for the box was designed by her husband Earl Partridge Wixom (1900-1988). He was an artist with a Master’s Degree in Art and Ceramics.
This set of scales originally belonged to Frank Adams, who opened one of the earliest grocery stores on Main Street in Layton. Olive worked there as a checker at Adams Market. Frank later gave her space in his store to have a glass fronted candy case where she sold her hand dipped chocolates. Frank sold the scales to Olive and they sat on top of the candy case. She used them for the rest of her life as she moved her business to various places over the years, and for many of those ran it from her own basement and later her daughter in law’s LaRue’s basement. The scales were originally white, Olive’s husband Earl painted them gold.
Earl and Olive Wixom
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.